SUMMARY OF RESPONSIBILITIES:
Under direction of the Supervisor of Assessments, is responsible for completion of sales ratio studies, computing instant property assessments, assisting in the timely completion of the tax cycle process, and working with township assessors during annual assessment changes. Candidates can apply through the County’s website: http://wincoil.us/departments/human-resources/employment-opportunities/
Deadline to apply for this position is Sunday, September 15, 2019
ILLUSTRATIVE EXAMPLES OF WORK:
1. Prepares sales ratio studies through the analysis of property sales and determination of which sales are valid.
2. Prepares instant assessments for new construction in the county using the multiple listing service.
3. Assures that property tax exemptions are verified and properly applied.
4. Assists in the accurate and timely completion of the tax cycle process.
5. Assists township assessors with annual assessment changes and interacts with the Board of Review during all phases of the assessment appeal process.
6. Assists citizens with complex tax assessment situations.
7. Performs other duties as required or assigned.
Requires a two year associates degree or the knowledge, skill, and mental ability equivalent to the completion of two years of college, with a current designation as a Certified Illinois Assessing Official preferred.
Thorough working knowledge of real property assessments and the tax cycle process.
-Requires ability to analyze and interpret complex data, and ability to complete concise, factual reports from the analysis of that information.
-Requires excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
-Requires the ability to interact and maintain a strong working relationship with other local units of government.