City of Champaign Township Assessor's Office is in search of an Office Administrator
The Office Administrator performs work involving several varied, complex, office tasks for the office. This position is responsible for the day-to-day efficient operation of the Township Assessor’s Office. The Office Administrator position is a dynamic and fluid position requiring the employee to serve in several different roles depending on the need of the office at any given time. A considerable amount of autonomy and discretion is granted to the Office Administrator and is considered a position of high trust.
Job Duties include but are not limited to:
- Responds to inquiries and requests for assessment information from the public.
- Assists with accurate maintenance of departmental files including property record cards, physical data, and inputs data into computer system; updates property record cards and assists in sending all required assessment related notices to notify property owners of assessed values, property updates and all applicable exemptions.
- Acts as a resource for Township citizens responding to all inquiries and interpreting applicable State of Illinois laws.
- Assists taxpayers as they correspond with the office via, walk-in traffic, phone calls and emails.
- Maintains current knowledge regarding property assessment related technology and market trends.
- Assists and takes the lead on special projects as assigned by the Assessor.
Send resume, references, and cover letter to –
The City of Champaign Township Assessor at - firstname.lastname@example.org