Residential Field Inspector III
This is an AFSCME 3835 Bargaining Unit Position
- Reporting directly to the Manager of Data Collection, or Assistant Manager of Residential Data Collection, as assigned, the Residential Field Inspector is responsible for accurately locating, sketching, measuring and reporting all changes to residential properties in Cook County so as to ensure a fair and equitable assessment by the Cook County Assessor’s Office (CCAO). The Residential Field Inspector provides good customer service.
Essential Job Duties:
- Follows standard operating procedures to conduct field inspections and seeks input from Residential Senior Field Inspectors regarding more complex issues.
- Verifies the accuracy of data with respect to appeals, permits, divisions, and the exempt to assess and assess to exempt status on various types of residential properties.
- Collects characteristic and parcel data on residential properties through desktop review and/or by physically and accurately locating, measuring, and sketching the subject property, as assigned.
- Calculates square footage of residential property accurately and verifies the accuracy of the information contained on face sheets.
- Records and documents the information and data derived from the physical inspections.
- Uses computer programs and systems, such as desktop review, the CCAO systems and databases, the internet, and other techniques to verify the physical characteristics of residential property.
- Uses discretion in carrying out assignments and completing objectives.
- Resolves routine and specific problems in accordance with management objectives.
- Meets assignment deadlines and utilizes good time management in performing job assignments without interference from non-job related activities.
- Maintains punctual attendance in the office on assigned office dates.
- Provides own transportation to assigned work sites.
- Works on special projects and performs other duties and assignments, as assigned, to achieve the overall goals of the Valuations Department.
- Provides excellent customer service to all CCAO customers.
- Works extended hours and weekends, as assigned.