Legal Symposium Call for Speakers
IPAI is seeking proposals for breakout session speakers our 2023 Legal Symposium on Property Assessment at Northern Illinois University in Naperville. Breakouts will be held between general sessions Tuesday, September 26, 2023. All presentations will be in-person. There is no virtual component to the Legal Symposium.
Presentations should be relevant, engaging, thought-provoking, challenging, and seek to motivate attendees. Property assessment and appraisal professionals, attorneys who specialize in property tax, as well as subject matter experts in areas like land use, zoning, real estate, leadership, management, and personal development are encouraged to submit proposals. There is no cost to present, but all breakout session speakers receive a 50% discount off conference registration (if they choose to attend the Legal Symposium).
The deadline for call for speakers is Tuesday, June 13, 2023.
Breakout Session Structure:
- Length: Each session is one hour including Q&A.
- Space: Ballroom with screen, projector, podium, and microphone.
- Audience Seating: Theater style (chairs in rows, no tables).
- Audience Size: Variable from 15 – 75. Symposium attendees choose own breakout sessions.
Evaluation and Selection Process:
All submissions will be reviewed by the Legal Symposium Committee. They will consider submission requests in the overall needs of the conference. Some selection criteria include:
- Relevance to property assessment industry in Illinois and current trends
- Relevance to property tax law in Illinois and current trends
- Relevance to leadership, management, and personal development
- Structure of presentation (lecture, panel, interactive, etc.)
- What tangible knowledge attendees will take away from the session
- May 8, Call for Speakers Opens (Submit basic info including session title, description, style of interaction, takeaways, etc.).
- June 13, Submission Deadline.
- June 21, Invitations to speak extended.
- September 19, Session material files due (PowerPoint, handouts, etc.).
- At the Legal Symposium, Arrive at check-in 30 minutes prior to presentation.
Please submit a separate application for each breakout session proposal.
Call for Speakers Application