Online Proctoring Policy:
The IPAI is pleased to offer online proctored exams through our testing partners Test.com and ProctorFree. Please note, online exams are an additional $50 fee for each exam and students are required to meet technology requirements (below) to participate. The fee pays for the third-party service to administer the online exams. Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, we no longer offer exam testing at the IPAI office.
- Online proctoring costs an additional $50, billed separately than your course fee. Only credit card payments are accepted for this fee and it must be paid in advance.
- Home Studies and Online Courses - You will be provided a link to register for the remote testing service.
- In-Person Courses – If you are interested in taking your test online, please fill out the correct form for the conference you are attending. This form must be completed one week prior to the beginning of your course. Requests after this time will be charged an additional $50.
- When you enter the testing system, please be sure you select the correct exam for your course. If you take an exam for the wrong class, you will need to pay an additional $50 fee to take the correct exam.
- If you do not pass the exam, the retake will be $50 (same as for in-person exams).
Online Exams Optional
Online Exams Required
- Qualifying Series Courses
- Online Courses
- Home Study Courses
Windows 8+, 10+
MacOS 10.12+ (Sierra)
*Chromebooks, iPads, tablets, and mobile devices are not supported.
1 GB available disk space
2 GB RAM
Intel Quad-core 1.8GHz CPU
or AMD Quad-core 2.0GHz CPU
Chrome, Firefox, Safari, Internet Explorer 11+
*Microsoft Edge is not supported at this time.
Upload: 1 Mbps ↑
Download: 2 Mbps ↓
*Tethering and HotSpots are not supported.
We suggest students use the embedded web camera in their laptop or any standard web cam purchased and manufactured within the last 5 years.
Be sure that your web cam is functioning—please test this out using another video conferencing platform such as Zoom, Microsoft Teams, etc.
3D Webcams are not supported at this time.
Any web camera that ONLY has drivers for Windows Vista or below will not work.
Because technology can sometimes have unexpected issues, we recommend that students have access to a backup computer in case of any problems connecting to the proctoring service.
- In-Person and Online Courses - You must take your exam within a 1-week window that starts at the end of class on the final day.
- Home Studies – All exams and retakes must be completed by December 15, 2023.
- You do not need to choose your exam time in advance.
- When you want to take the exam, log into the remote testing service, then choose your exam. You will then pay the exam fee.
- Before starting the exam, you will go through the webcam and workspace setup with ProctorFree.
- Just like an in-person exam, you have two hours to complete your exam.
- You may use your own calculator (no cell phone) and one sheet of scratch paper. Use of course books and notes are not allowed. You must show them to ProctorFree using your webcam before and after your exam. Please dispose of the scratch paper as soon as you complete your exam.
- You will see your exam results right away. Credit will not be given in the Student Portal until your exam video is analyzed by ProctorFree and then sent to the IPAI for review. You will receive credit within 7 business days after taking the exam.
- If you do not pass the exam, you can retake it after a 7-day waiting period.
- You will have one month from the date of the course to retake it (all home study retakes must be completed by December 15, 2021 regardless).
- The retake is an additional $50 (same as for in-person exams).
- Like with in-person courses, you are only allowed one retake on the exam before needing to retake the course.
- If you are caught in any way cheating on the exam, you will receive an automatic fail and will not receive credit.
- You will need to take the full course again with an instructor and take the exam again to receive credit.