Legal Descriptions for Assessors
002-015 Exam | 002-014 Seminar
This course will cover several of the most common types of legal descriptions, along with the mapping principles behind them. Specifically, this course will discuss:
- The Public Land Survey System (PLSS)
- Components of mapping coordinate systems and projections
- Resolving common legal description problems
- The Metes and Bounds system
- Calculating angles and bearings
- Other types of property descriptions, including subdivisions, strip descriptions, and stationing.
By the end of the 15-hour class, you should be able to read and draw basic legal descriptions for parcels of land within your jurisdiction. You should also be able to recognize the elements of mapping systems that form the foundation of these legal descriptions.
This course is in partnership with Bruce Harris and Associates.
- This is a new course, so if you've taken #002-613 or #002-775 Legal Descriptions, you are still eligible to receive continuing education credit for this course.
- This course was piloted in Fall 2021 as two 1-day courses with Brandon Harris. If you took the two 1-day online courses, you are not eligible to receive continuing education credit for this course.
Hours: 15 CE Hours